Sunday, June 7, 2009

What a GREAT Weekend

Saturday, we had Jim's company picnic and does his company do it right! They rented an area at the small carnival here in town and then all the kids got wrist bands to ride all the rides, Samantha loved this. Samantha only got to go to the picnic for a couple of hours since she had a birthday party to attend but we had to stay there all day, Jim had to do the prize drawings. It was a rare beautiful day, you know the ones were it is warm but a nice breeze. Well, I was a great mom and made sure Samantha, who tans, had sunscreen on but me who BURNS I didn't do it, I am the color of a lobster right now and it doesn't feel good. When we went and got Samantha one of her friends and her had been coming up with a scheme, they wanted a sleepover. So last night I had two 8 year olds that were giggling all night long, ok till 12:30am. Then Samantha's friend was up at 6 and Samantha woke up at 7, we stayed in bed till 8:30. Can you imagine what two 8 year olds can do to a house when they want to make a fort? It was BIG and it used A LOT of blankets but they had a blast. The friend left at 2pm and Samantha was over tired and went to her room and feel asleep. Yes, she took a nap! She slept until 6pm and then went to bed at 9pm with no complaints, she was tired. Jim went to bed at the same time as Sam and I will be following shortly. I love when we have such fun weekends and next weekend will be better! I am going to NY on Thursday to visit with my parents who are arriving down there on Wednesday. I haven't seen them in almost a year so it is always good to see them.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Yeah! Sounds like a great company picnic ... I'm not sure we are having one this year. I totally empathize with the sleepover business. Glad she napped.

Sue said...

Love a good sleepover with a BFF :-) Glad Samantha had such a fun weekend. And you, Missy... you need to wear your sunscreen (although seriously... the weather makes it hard to want to lather up with no sun!)

I think you're already down in NY as I type this so I'm hoping you're having a great visit with your folks!