Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Hershey, Pennsylvania

What a great little vacation this was with my parents and my brother and his family.
We arrived in Hershey and quickly ate lunch and then went off to Chocolate World.



We did the chocolate tasting and I loved ALL the chocolate but Samantha didn't like the cocoa or the dark,dark chocolate. My mom (aka Grandma) was so excited when she saw her chocolate in the bag that she ate one before the tasting began. I might have had a taste of the cocoa before I was told to but that is all I am admitting to.

We checked out the 3D movie and laughed and might have screamed...well
something touched my legs!
Oh Yeah!! All my senses were used during this tour...the smell, oh, the smell! Yes, my other senses were used but my nose was in overtime! We even did this tour twice since Samantha wanted to do it one more time. The best part of this tour is at the end when they give you a Hershey Candy Bar!














We even decided to become factory workers at Hershey

Aren't we cute?

I rock!! I didn't drop one Kiss.
Three generations


Why is it that my daughter is looking at us like we are fools to participate in the
crazy dance they made us do?
She is woman hear her roar!
Yes, that is the 5lb candy bar.
It only cost $40.00
Day 2...we are off to Hershey Park
Saw this coaster when we were entering the park and thought...not a chance in (bleep) I am going on that, it scared me just looking at it! Yes folks it goes straight up and straight down!
Now this ride was easy...spin as fast as you can and not get sick! Grandma didn't like this ride and decided that she didn't want to ride anymore rides for a while.


Waiting for my brother's family.
The pirate ship wasn't too bad, I sat in the middle but Samantha convinced her grandparents to sit much farther up. Yikes!
Meeting up with the cousins
Samantha even joined her cousin on the little rides

My heart is starting to beat faster and my palms are getting clammy because..
This ride...oh my....oh my....I was SCARED!!!
I went on this with my daughter and two nephews. Samantha went up with her cousin who is the same age and I went up with the 4 year old. I was OK UNTIL I got to the top and looked down when the ride stopped...why did it have to stop?
It then moved so fast and those carts tilted way out, did I mention we didn't even have any belts on! I closed my eyes so tight and heard little Nicholas say "This is so much fun Aunt Sue." Yeah, right! That young boy probably has bruises on his waist because I clamped him in so tight with my legs, I was afraid he was going to fall out! I was hanging on the the side so tight that my hands hurt at the end of the ride! This next picture gives you an idea of why I was scared.
At the end of the ride as we were getting off, Samantha, Nathaniel and Nicholas all said "Let's do that again!" I said "Not a CHANCE!" They then convinced my sister-in-law to go up with them. Thank goodness she was there because I was NOT going on that again. And now I will admit I am a BIG wuss when it comes to rides.

After my near death experience I had on the previous ride, OK maybe it was near death but I did see my life flash before my eyes, we decided (OK I decided) that we should just sit and watch a cute little show. It got better when they sprayed water and it hit Aunt Lynette, Samantha, Nathaniel and Nicholas. They opted to sit in the area that said splash zone.

Just for Nicholas the big kids went on the kiddie rides, some of them Samantha was too tall for.
The even went on the kiddie log flume. We all went on the BIG one but there are no pictures.


They went on it one more time but picked up another passenger, Samantha's cousin, Bobby. He was the big kid...he is only 20 years old and around 6 feet tall!

This ride Samantha wanted to go on right when we got to the park and got upset with her grandparents and I when we all said not a chance! We tried getting her to go on with other people but she said no. Later in the day her wonderful, fabulous aunt took her on it. Thank you Lynette!
Look at this ride, they are almost upside down!

After our fun time in this section we were hot and sticky and decided it was time to go to the water park. The water rides were very refreshing after a day of over 100 degrees. I really enjoyed having a mini vacation with my brother and his family and my parents and I am hoping we will be able to do this again.

No comments: