Sunday, November 21, 2010

From the Mouth of Kids

This is the conversation that Samantha and I had today....

We were getting ready to go to the Christmas Parade and I had all our warm stuff packed.

Samantha: (picking up a HAT) "Is this your touque or mine?" Touque pronounced tooooook

Me: "Jim, I think we have been in Canada too long. Did you hear what our daughter just said?"

Jim: "What did she say?"

Me: "She asked if the touque was hers or mine. It was a hat."

Jim: LAUGHING

Me: "Samantha, that is a HAT."

We all laugh

My daughter is using French words instead of English, spelling words the Canadian way (favourite) and learning all about the Canadian government. What will the kids in the U.S. think of her, eh?

1 comment:

Laural Out Loud said...

Sounds like she has just the right touch of exotic about her, lol. My daughter would think she's super cool!