Sunday, August 24, 2008

Vacation Bible School

Samantha went to VBS (Vacation Bible School) last week and had so much fun. She went on a journey to The Amazing Amazon at Lakefield United Church. All the churches in Lakefield combine to make one big VBS. In Samantha's group she had about 20 kids, our community is pretty small. We were hoping she would meet new friends but she said she talked to some of the kids but their group was always busy. They did crafts, played games, sang songs and ate spiders (oreo cookies with pretzels and M&M's) and other yummy foods, so you can see she was busy doing all the things she loves. VBS ran all week from 9-12 and Friday they had a nice program for the parents and Jim was able to sneak out of work to surprise Sam. I had to laugh because Samantha saw me and smiled and waved and then she noticed Jim and smiled really BIG and jumped up and down and waved at him, wow, is she a daddy's girl or what? They sang their songs and then we had hot dogs for lunch, I haven't had one of those in a long time. Samantha asked if VBS could go longer since she had so much fun at the church. I was hoping to post one of the songs but maybe later when I figure out how to post videos I can get one up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Watch out-we're visiting Sept 4th.
Perhaps Papa can catch one of those BIG fish in the lock - yikes - then, what'll we DO with it!? Interesting to see Milk in a Bag too, just one of many unique differences from the US. Anxious to see all of you, especially Sam -does she need some tickling???
We love you - the blog is fun to see what's going on - good job Susan! Hugs, nana & papa xxooo

Susan said...

Yes, Samantha needs many tickles!

Susan said...

mom is crazy she did not mean what she said that is why I called her crazy. COOCOO COOCOO
This was written by Samantha