Saturday, May 23, 2009

Wow, it has been long!

I have no excuses, no reasons, no nothing....I have been just lazy about posting. You know in a slump. I have lots of things I could be posting about but just never got on here to post. So, sorry to the people who come on here to read about what is happening around us. Here are things that have happened to our family since my last post...
First, you have to know that I am a peanut butter person or should I say snob. I LOVE Jif Peanut Butter, I think it tastes the BEST! I bought some before we moved to Canada and then I found it in a store after I ran out and bought it, that was back in October. Then, it was NOT on the shelves again, it disappeared! I was shopping at the end of April in Walmart and there it was...can you say love at first sight! I bought the last 5 jars and I even bought a couple of crunchy for the family. Aren't they beautiful? The things you miss when you go to other countries.

Since purchasing these they are no longer on the shelves...again.


Samantha's class and the lower 2 class had a beautiful Tea Party for the mom's for Mother's Day. They served us tea, cookies, veggies and fruit. They had all these cute tea cups for us and some kids came around and put the tea in them. My cup got about 2 tablespoons of tea and then another cute kid came around asking if you want milk in it (normally, I don't like milk but she was too cute to say no) and I got about 1/4 cup of milk and then another kid came with sugar (don't do sugar either) and I got about a tablespoon of sugar. I am so pleased that it wasn't a lot to drink since I drank it down quick. It was a drink I hope never to drink again!

Yes, she was my 1/4 cup milk person and she is the cutest!

This is a good picture where you can see her scar on her face. I am still praying that it will disappear more.
Next, Samantha's school does a chess tournament every year. The whole school and any parents that want to play can. No, I didn't play I think my ego would have been hurt if a 4 year old beat me and yes, they would have beat me. Here they are getting the rules.


Here is Samantha playing her first opponent.

Busy thinking what her next move is suppose to be.

They are all so cute thinking about their moves.

Giving me a quick smile.

This is the whole school, it is a small private school.


She won!

Here she is with her second opponent.



This game went longer since standing next to me was this boys father and he was whispering to his son where to go. AND...Samantha beat them both! I wasn't there for the rest of the tournament but Samantha lost her next two games but they were much older than she is. The last two players were a parent and a 13 year old girl. The parent won but barley.

Many other things have happened but these are the highlights. I will do much better at posting on here, I promise!

5 comments:

rychelle said...

mmmmmmm......peanut butter!

Sue said...

Well welcome back to blogging :-) I did miss you posting btw!

Yay on finding Jif! Funny you mention it not being in the stores... I had seen it years ago and then not and didn't think much of it since I always buy the Kraft PB.

And very cool pics from Samantha's school activities. Never did get into chess. Glad she had fun!

Amy said...

Cracking up about the peanut butter. Good for Samantha playing chess! You go girl!

Anonymous said...

Peanut butter -- makes me think about Friendlies and how we just love their Reece's Peanut Butter sundaes! We will have to plan on doing that in a couple of weeks!

Glad Samantha is enjoying Chess. I haven't played that in a while, but this summer will have to challenge her!

Love, Mom

My name is Andrea said...

Samantha is getting so big and is so beautiful!

Just keep sunscreen on the scar...

:o) Yay, Jif!~