Thursday, October 29, 2009

Ottawa Trip

It has been a long time since I have posted and I am so sorry for that, truly! When you don't do something for a while it is hard to get back in the groove but I am going to try to remember to post something more often, I mean, things are happening in my life!! So, I want tell you about our trip to Ottawa, what a place to go. We went there over the Canadian's Thanksgiving, which is the American's Columbus Day, and had such a great time in a beautiful city. We visited the Parliament Building, the market, Notre Dame Church, the Currency Museum (Samantha was surprised that fur, jewelry and other odd things were money a long time ago), the Mint and we just walked around. Can you tell that Samantha is into money now, she is interested in how it is made and the history of it. Below are some pictures of this beautiful city!


Parliament Hill








Clock Tower, we went to the top of this.



Waiting in line to get in



Still waiting



Look at the detail






Strike a pose there's nothing to it



Samantha took this picture



Another of Samantha's great picture taking


Inside Parliament waiting for our tour







I loved how much detail was inside, it was amazing









View from the tower

Statue of the Queen inside the library



Samantha outside the Mint Building





Jim had to do it also



Interesting statue we saw while walking around





We saw this church from the Parliament tower and I wanted to go inside.





Outside Notre Dame



Wow, this place was beautiful



Samantha liked the idea of lighting a candle for someone, she lit two, one for Jim's dad and one for mine. She made Jim and I smile.



More inside photos



We also saw this lock that had a lot of tiers to it, we even got to see a boat go through it and it took a while for it to go through.





Samantha resting since her and Jim were running up the sidewalk.








On the way home, look at the colors on those trees.





Samantha loves the new van we have a DVD in it.


1 comment:

Sue said...

Looks like a great visit to Ottawa. You captured so much more than I remember... I never thought to look at the details of the Parliament buildings... guess it's been THAT long since I've been.

Wasn't it cold that weekend? Brrr.

Thanks for sharing that piece of Canadiana! ;-)