OK everyone, I now have a new respect for people who like STRONG coffee. This morning, because I was tired, I stopped at Starbucks to get a tall houseblend coffee while waiting for a store to open. I tasted this coffee and WOW was it strong and I proceeded to add LOTS of sugar and cream to make it taste better. Now, you have to understand that I really don't drink any kind of caffeinated drinks, I'm a water and milk girl, so imagine my surprise about an hour later when my whole body started to feel strange and my hands were a little shaky because of the caffeine. I was on a caffeine high! I have since come down from my high but I don't know how people can want to feel that way every morning. So, my question is, do coffee drinkers feel like this every morning after their cup of Joe?
4 comments:
Being pregnant has really decreased my coffee intake but I look forward longingly to the morning cup of coffee and the afternoon cup of coffee. Here in North Dakota "lunch" is not the noon meal. It is a delightful little 3 o'clock tradition of coffee and cookies or "bars" as they call them. We also call it cookie time here at the Stroh farm. The coffee here in ND is traditionally weaker than that found in NY. In fact they do a double take here if you ask for sugar and or cream for your coffee. For stronger coffee's I do like the flavored creamers as well. They really jazz up the coffee. You might try a Late next time you are braving a cup of coffee at the Starbucks. I would suggest Hazelnut.
Well... I usually only feel that way after a double from Starbucks - though I try to stay away from those or use them only for emergencies!!! Looks like you are settled in nicely - love the pics of Sam and her friends. Amy and family
Hi Susan,
Your blog is great and I love the pictures of Sam and the pups. Sam is so grown up. Coffee will give you the shakes when you are first getting use to it but that will go away. That said, when you try to go off of it, some people get bad headaches. I've opted for tea most days but I enjoy a good latte now and then. Sounds like you are enjoying your new place. Best, Barb B.
Nothing like chewing down a good ole cuppa joe
Post a Comment