During Spring Break this year Samantha and I went to San Antonio to visit my parents. We hit all the sites and my pictures aren't in a complete order since some places we went to twice. Below is the Alamo, I was here over 20 years ago and am happy that I got to see it again since my memory wasn't that good. Samantha enjoyed seeing all the history and earning badges.
Below is when we were there on a sunny day


Samantha really liked this fountain on the Riverwalk
She wanted my mom and I to get our picture by it, she is a good photographer
We got to see the St. Patrick's Day Parade on the Riverwalk
We even got to see them turn the brown water green

Samantha loves this picture with all of us with sunglasses on and the tags hanging down like funny noses. This is me with my parents.Samantha had to take a turn on it
The Rose Window
Samantha and I
She is so beautiful!
Dawn was right, thank you for the recommendation.
After Samantha found out that she could get a badge for visiting the 4 missions in the area
she made a plan to visit all of them
The Rose Window
Samantha and I
She is so beautiful!Barb is my second cousin (I think she was my father's cousin)
Sam found a vine to swing on
She loved these trees
Some different angles of Mission San Jose

Off to Mission Espada

Then to Mission San Juan
I had to take a picture of this, I thought it was cool.
Mission Concepcion

My dad looking at one of the old wells
Strike a pose

All of us on the Riverwalk cruise
Down by the Riverwalk
Sam found a vine to swing on
She loved these trees
Some different angles of Mission San Jose
Off to Mission Espada
Then to Mission San Juan"As a Junior Ranger I promise
to leave all animals, plants and objects as I found them for others to enjoy,
to reduce, reuse and recycle every chance I can,
to learn more about the National Parks and
to share what I learned with my family and friends."
She then found out there was another park near that she could get another badge at,
the White House of Texas
I had to take a picture of this, I thought it was cool.
Mission Concepcion
My dad looking at one of the old wells
Strike a pose
All of us on the Riverwalk cruise
Down by the RiverwalkYou had to enter a room and climb over and under red beams and hit the button on the other side, every time you hit a beam you got time added onto your score. My best score was 118 and Samantha's was 49, I think. Samantha went through this a lot since it was an all day pass and she got better every time. We watched this one boy go through it in less than 15 seconds, amazing!
This is me hitting all those beams!
Here she is proud of herself for getting through it so fast.
Samantha lighting two candles for both of her grandpas
Saying a prayer
This part is where you drive through and the animals can come up to your window
Samantha had her head out the sunroof while driving through the open zoo.
Off to the petting zoo we go
Me getting my pants eaten! One even bit my pants on the backside, that made me jump and Samantha laugh.
A baby Giraffe
Off to Natural Bridge Caverns
Another pose
Inside the cavern
My mom and Samantha inside the cavern
We went to LBJ's Texas White House. He updated the house to be able to have other countries representatives there. He was here almost half of the time when he was president, he even had a airport strip put in for himself. This is where he passed away from a massive heart attack. His wife lived here until she passed away. We were unable to take pictures inside but everything was as it was when he was alive, there was even a phone installed at the dinner table.
This is me hitting all those beams!I went through once but Samantha went through many times.
She got so good that she could get through it in less than 30 seconds and this thing was BIG!!
Here she is proud of herself for getting through it so fast.I love old churches
Samantha lighting two candles for both of her grandpas
Saying a prayer
This part is where you drive through and the animals can come up to your window
Samantha had her head out the sunroof while driving through the open zoo.
Off to the petting zoo we go
Me getting my pants eaten! One even bit my pants on the backside, that made me jump and Samantha laugh.
A baby Giraffe
Off to Natural Bridge Caverns
Another pose
Inside the cavern
My mom and Samantha inside the cavern
We went to LBJ's Texas White House. He updated the house to be able to have other countries representatives there. He was here almost half of the time when he was president, he even had a airport strip put in for himself. This is where he passed away from a massive heart attack. His wife lived here until she passed away. We were unable to take pictures inside but everything was as it was when he was alive, there was even a phone installed at the dinner table.On our last day we were going to go to the San Antonio Zoo but when we got there and Samantha saw the line, at least 100 people long, she asked if we really need to go. Both my mom and I said no, it is up to you. Samantha was quick to say she had no interest in going!
Over all we had a great time visiting with my parents and cousins and just being somewhere warm and sunny. I like that I was able to wear capris while I was there instead of pants and sweaters!
Thanks to my parents for having us down for Spring Break!






















2 comments:
Great pictures!! We were only there for a couple of days, but it looks like we need to go back! Lots to see!
So glad you visited. I loved it. next year we will be in the Dallas area for your spring break. Feel free to join us there. Love Mom
Post a Comment