We went to the FREE zoo here. They have a nice playground that we stopped and Samantha played on. She LOVES these climbers. One of the times Samantha climbed this she had a leaf in her hair that she thought was a bug and she didn't like that. She held so still and called me very quietly to come and get the bug away from her. We both had a good laugh when we found out that her bug was a leaf.

They have these boulders that you can climb.
I think this was a cougar and I DON'T have the zoom on, he was that close.
"Vanna White" showing off the peacock.
Going to where the camel is.
Here he is, look how close he is! Maybe here in Canada the animals are closer because in the USA these animals would be so far away that they would look like a spec on your picture unless you have a REALLY nice camera.
If there wasn't a piece of glass between us I could have easily touched them. They were so adorable jumping and swinging.
As we were leaving I saw this big totem pole and had to take a picture. I can't remember ever seeing one this big before. It was donated to Peterborough by a local indian tribe.Did I mention that all of this was FREE. They even have a water area for the kids to play in. This will be a nice place to go to in the summer.
I hope everyone got to get outside and enjoy the sun like we did.


4 comments:
can't beat free!
looks like you had a lot of fun.
Free? Who knew? Glad you had fun. Was that all today? We had pouring rain all day today... I'm shocked if you had all that sunshine! Happy for you... but shocked ;-)
Free!! Now that is a rare find.
Great pics of the zoo.
Gotta love free. The Fort Wayne Africa exhibit opens in June... we'll let you know how it is. Nice shots of Samantha!
Post a Comment