Thursday, October 23, 2008

Caza Buckhorn Berry Farm

Samantha with as many pumpkins as she could carry
Samantha feeding the pony

Eden, Nora, Samantha and Hannah (friends from school)


Samantha in the corn maze

Samantha and I went to the pumpkin festival at the Caza Buckhorn Berry Farm last Saturday. We had such a good time, we met some of Samantha's classmates there. We did two corn mazes, watched a magic show, went through a hay maze or more like Sam and her friends climbed all over it, we watched pumpkins get shot out of a cannon and we pet/fed the animals. The weather was fabulous and on the way out we took a tractor ride out to the pumpkin patch. You had to carry the pumpkins you wanted back to the tractor and then to your car. Without Jim, he was in NY watching the Buffalo Bills game, we couldn't get as many as we wanted in our first run. Samantha tried to carry three little pumpkins while I carried a big pumpkin, trying to climb onto the wagon she dropped one and then I carried it. It was very difficult to balance one big one, one little one and make sure Sam didn't fall on the stairs climbing on and off the wagon AND I had to make sure I didn't fall. After we brought our loot to the car we decided to go back and get two more big ones and three gourdes. We got a wheel barrel the second time around and went to the spot that pumpkins had already been brought in from the patch! Jim was amazed at how big the pumpkins were that we got, these were the biggest I have ever purchased. AND the bonus, they were so inexpensive compared to other places we lived. I found something else that is cheaper here, my other discovery was toothpaste!

No comments: